What is “coated aluminum foil?”
“Coated aluminum foil coil” means a coil or roll of aluminum foil that has been coated with a protective or decorative layer. It is a common way to protect aluminum foil by painting or plating on the surface of the aluminum plate to enhance the characteristics of the aluminum foil.
Application classification of coated aluminum foil
|Coating Application Category||Application Classification||Application|
|Industrial use||Industrial coated aluminum foil||Building material decoration, ventilation ducts in HVAC engineering, thermal insulation materials (phenolic board), etc.|
|Food use||Coated aluminum foil for food||Coated lunch boxes for food, coated aluminum foil food packaging materials, etc.|
The production process of Huawei coated aluminum foil:
Uncoiling → pretreatment (the first pickling → the second pickling → the third pickling → → water washing → the first drying → passivation treatment → the second drying → roller coating → the second drying→windingPS: Three ways of passivation treatment: (industrial use) hexavalent chromium, (food use) trivalent chromium, silane treatment.
Characteristics of color coated aluminum foil
The color-coated aluminum foil roll has a clean, hygienic and shiny appearance. It can be made into an integrated packaging material with many other packaging materials. In addition, the color-coated aluminum foil roll has the following characteristics:
(1) The surface of color-coated aluminum foil is extremely clean and hygienic, and no bacteria or microorganisms can grow on its surface.
(2) Aluminum foil coated is a non-toxic packaging material, which can be in direct contact with food without any danger to human health.
(3) Whether at high temperature or low temperature, the aluminum foil will not have the phenomenon of grease penetration.
(4) Aluminum foil has good plasticity, so it can be used to package products of various shapes. Containers of various shapes can also be made arbitrarily.
(5) Aluminum foil coating has high hardness and high tensile strength, but its tear strength is small, so it is easy to tear.
Structure of coated aluminum foil roll
What is the structure of coated aluminum foil? For most coated products, double-sided coating is usually carried out, and the structure is shown in the figure below:
Types of coated aluminum foil
According to different standards, Huawei Aluminum classifies coated aluminum coils and foils according to the following three categories.
|Coated Aluminum Foil Application Types||Coated aluminum foil for industrial use||Industrial colorful coated aluminum coil is generally used in building materials decoration, ventilation ducts in HVAC projects, thermal insulation materials (phenolic boards), etc.|
|Coated aluminum foil for food||Coated lunch boxes, coated aluminum foil food packaging materials, etc.|
|Coating Material Handling Type||Oily material treatment:||PE PVDF HDPE epoxy varnish, etc.|
|Water-based material treatment:||hydrophilic layer, etc.|
|Classification in production process:||1. Roller coating 2. Spray coating||3. Chemical treatment: anodic oxidation treatment 4. Film lamination|
Huawei Aluminum sheet coil prepainted specification
The common production range of roll-coated color-coated aluminum sheets:
Color coating production of medium and thick plates: thickness range 1.5-5.0mm, width range 900-1750mm
Coil color coating can be produced: the thinnest thickness is 0.25mm, and the widest width is 1600mm
Alloy element content of color coated aluminum coil
Performance of coated aluminum foil produced by Huawei Aluminum
|No.||Test Item||Ordinary Coating||High Anti-coating|
|1||Film weight (single side)||1.0-1.5g/m²||1.7-2.5g/m²|
|2||Adhesion||cupping test||no peeling||no peeling|
|cross cut test||level 0||level 0|
|3||Corrosion Resistance||Neutral salt spray test||R.NO≥9.8(500h)||R.NO≥9.5(1500h)|
|4||Alkali Resistance||No blistering, No Shedding||No blistering, No Shedding|
|5||Heat Resistance||200℃ for 5 minutes||the color does not change;||the color does not change;|
|300℃ for 5 minutes||The coating film is yellowish or loses light||The coating film is yellowish or loses light|
|6||oil resistance||Coating does not blister||Coating does not blister|
|8||wear on mold||Same as regular aluminum foil||Same as regular aluminum foil|
|9||Resistant to neutral detergent||Coating does not blister||Coating does not blister|
|10||MEK-resistant wipe||≥30 times||≥30 times|
Huawei Aluminum Coating Quality Control
1. The surface color of the coated aluminum foil is determined through negotiation between the supplier and the buyer. The coating requires uniform color and thickness without missing coating.
2. The entire length of the coated aluminum foil roll should be easy to unfold, and there should be no bonding or tearing when unfolding.
3. The coated aluminum foil should be tightly wrapped, and the end surface should be clean and smooth. Slipping, depression and dirt are not allowed, but slight burrs are allowed.
4. For each delivery acceptance batch of coated aluminum foil, no more than 15% of the rolls are allowed to have joints, and the number of joints per roll is not more than one. The joints should be clearly marked. If the user does not allow joints, the contract shall indicate.
Prepainted coating thickness requirements
The needs of purchasers will be different. Some common combinations are polyester front topcoat with a single-coat thickness of 16-18 microns, and double-coated primers and topcoats with a thickness of 10+15 microns. Ester, and 8-10 microns, are used more for back paint.
Fluorocarbon is double-coated with 25 microns, primer and top coat 10+15 microns. 35 microns (10+15+10 microns). The top layer is varnish, the fluorocarbon primer is polyurethane, and the top coat is fluorocarbon.
Leave a Reply